CRI Group recently became the first investigative research company in the Middle East to receive the BS 7858:2012 certification – Security Screening of Individuals Employed in a Security Environment, from internationally recognized training and certification body BSI. The certification recognizes CRI Group’s expertise in screening services including identity checks, financial checks, employment checks and criminal records checks.
This week, CRI Group added to its expanding list of expert credentials by also earning the BS 102000:2013 certification – Code of Practice for the Provision of Investigative Services. The BSI certification is provided based upon CRI Group’s proficiency in providing services regarding:
- Fraud risk assessment and investigations
- Forensic accounting
- Intellectual property (IP) investigations
- Due diligence and background investigations
- Debt collections
- Corporate security consulting and investigation
- Pre- and post-employment screening (on request to BS 7858:2012)
- Fraud and crime investigations (all investigations to the requirements of BS 10200:2013
All of the above functions are part of CRI Group’s core competency in safeguarding businesses worldwide from fraud and corruption, and providing due diligence, pre- and post-employment background screening, risk management, compliance and other professional services.
Founded in 1901, BSI (also known as British Standards Institution) is the UK national standards body that works with thousands of organizations in more than 150 countries. BSI is accredited by 20 local and international bodies.
CRI Group now holds the following certifications from BSI:
- BS 7858:2012 – Security Screening of Individuals Employed in a Security Environment
- BS 102000:2013 – Code of Practice for the Provision of Investigative Services
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013 – Information Security Management System
- ISO 9001:2008 – Quality Management System
Zafar I. Anjum, CRI Group’s president and CEO, said that earning multiple certifications from a distinguished standards body like BSI is a mark of pride for the company. In December of 2014, Anjum announced that CRI Group would be engaging BSI for training and certification on many levels, and the recent certifications are direct results of that initiative.
“CRI Group has always provided the highest level of professional security checks, investigative services, information security and other critical services for clients all over the world,” Anjum said. “We are pleased to have our competence in these areas recognized by BSI, and we will continue to strive to provide the highest level of expertise for businesses to help them prevent and detect fraud.”